Friday 7 February 2014

The Fast Metabolism Diet - How it went for me


Hey everyone!

After first hearing about 'The Fast Metabolism Diet' by Haylie Pomroy in the January issue of Elle Canada, I thought, why not give it a shot? I do wanna eat healthier. And to my surprise the food loving Harley was right on board with it!

Hearing that it works is one thing... but seeing is believing. AND I BELIEVE! I read the book in one day and couldn't wait to start up this diet/life-style change. I wasn't going to write a post on this, but after getting so many responses from a simple Facebook status, and so many friends asking what it was about and telling me they went and bought the book and were going to start it, I figured I should just update all of you on how it went.

So to all you ladies and gents out there, here's how the month ended for us.

Week 1: took some adjusting (good-bye caffeine), ate more food than we normally did and felt like we were stuffing out faces eating every 3 hours (with healthy food that is!), and basically forgot to work out (oops!)
Week 2: mostly got the hang of things and tried a bunch of new and fabulous recipes and couldn't believe the weight was just falling off all by itself
Week 3: it was becoming habit and actually enjoyable (and then we cheated hardcore and went to a fondue party and indulged in all of it. Oops that cost us a few pounds... but it was so good!)
Week 4: was easy, we knew what we liked to eat and we knew our favourite snacks etc. it just flew by and before we knew it we were done the whole month

I'm sure you're dying to know... How much weight did we lose?

I lost a total of 11 lbs and went from size 8/10 pants to size 4!! (I'm short so losing a bit of weight does make a huge difference on me.) Was forced to go out and buy some pants during week 3 because I didn't have anything to wear and saggy bum jeans is NOT ok. I'm so happy to report that ALL my baby weight is gone 11 months after having my little girl. Mommies... No excuses!

Harley lost a grande total of 14 lbs which is amazing for a mere 4 weeks!! He now fits into his clothes better and will be retiring some items for the lack of fit and is very happy to be drinking his coffee in the morning.

This isn't the end of it. Now that I've been off the diet for a few days, I actually miss it. It's more of an amazing lifestyle change and I'm hooked! There's plenty of time before spring and summer arrive for all of us to work at looking our best and this is the secret we've all been waiting for.

I encourage anyone to go pick up the book 'The Fast Metabolism Diet', it will show you all the details on what to eat and when etc. And show you how we can heal our metabolism through the way we eat.

If you try this diet out, I'd love to hear about how it went for you! Comment below or send me a private message.


Bisou!

Esther


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...